Sticky Ban of some people!

• Important

Ban of some people!

Dear community,

in the past days some people came to me, who noticed that the community changed a lot lately. Unfortunately not in a better shape. I noticed the same and so I thought about what we could do. Well, since we are a democratic community, I started some ban votes for those, who I noticed, moved the behaviour in this community in a wrong direction, which I never wanted. This bans will last at least a year, without any effect of an unban request.

Those people were, to start with, FolTn and Frenk. They were the ones that stick out the most lately.

So here are the results for both:
      FolTn is now banned in the forum. 8 people voted for a forum ban, 5 people for a server and forum ban and 1 person for nothing at all.
      Frenk is now banned in the forum and the server. 8 people voted for a ban from the server and forum, 3 people voted for nothing at all.

The forum bans expire in a year, after that Frenk can create an unban request for the server.

Before you ask, why FolTn got a chance for just a forum ban, it's because most people noticed, that his behaviour is totally different on the server than in the forum. That's why we gave him another option.

Those two bans might not be the last ones, but it's a start.

Just to mention: I didn't ask the section leaders, before I started the votes. They were surprised by my action and I can understand that, but I didn't see any other chance. Talking is over, actions have to be taken. So I used my right as a member of this community, not as an administrator, to start a vote. Everyone else could have started one, if they wanted.

Thanks for reading.
      We the Section Leaders added a rule that everyone got the right to write an unban request. So we got 2 options: 1. You could unban the players atleast for the request section or 2. one of the Section Leaders will post the possible unban request for the banned player.

Bass wrote:

This bans will last at least a year, without any effect of an unban request.

Means that this doesnt matter.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Barbawix” ().

:RE Ban of some people

So, as the topic is locked and we get no chance to say something about it. Here we go:

I would like to have a vote for a ban myself, as it seems so democratic I'd love to try it!

Now, without joking, you seriously harmed your own server, you got hit really hard. The server is on the edge of dieing already, this just pushed it a bit further if not over.

Voting of inactive members shouldn't be counted, Section leaders did vote against, it's utter bullshit that their vote is overruled by it's members that are inactive.

Now Bass, I must say that you lost all my respect and the members that voted for these bans. I know they didn't behave well, but this is UTTER bullshit, I regret that I donated money to this server to keep it alive and set up a TS3 server that people are still using a lot. I regret all the things I've done and you simply lost me and I guess many others.

Who are next? Ivo? Hero? James? Burak? Me? Because we all did stupid unnessecary things in the past.

You can get the vinkentering and all the others that voted to destroy the peace we've had in the server too.

Thank you very much! You did a great job!

You can compare Neon with the dictatorship of Erdogan, you just make your own rules and laws, and when you don't like someone, you simply get rid of him and blame someone else.

Ciao!
      The fact is Bass has started the end for us, and obviously has no idea what he is doing and has no idea what he has just done :lol: Yea you should ban the whole server, so finally you will have only mature people around you, such as regulars :notbad:
      The another thing is that Frenk is banned on rumors, and i didnt see any evidences from his misbehaving on the server.... that provoking on mito ? yes? he got punished for it lol ... As people are experienced enough in here, i have been in communities for 6 years now, and what is happening in here is really stupid, because as i said again, people that have no idea what Frenk is like, are voting, on few senseless posts he did, he is not even adult yet, like you never did nothing stupid in your life, maybe wake up a little bit and let carballers alone, do your job on the forum... you can ban him in here, thats something they dont care about...., but stepping into carball, which you dont care about is really big mistake, and someone who has experience should avoid such mistakes, because now you didnt piss off just some people....... you pissed off whole community except inactive regulars :fuckingkidding: so yea hopefully this will have consequences
      Votes are valid. Members voted, you cannot say one vote is more important than another.

I do not know whether you know about who voted what, but from reading your post, you probably do not, and you'd be surprised.
      Section leaders are nothing more than a common member in this regard anyway, else any vote would be pointless. I think I do not leak any important internal information, if I tell you that the majority of section leaders actually was not against the bans (atleast from their votes).

"People already got banned for less." - Bass

Post was edited 2 times, last by “F-21” ().

I really miss sometimes the great time and atmosphere we had once 2-3 years before when we all loved playing with each other and took everything with fun..

I dont want to pick out some special guys who should have "destroyed" everything, tbh the most of us did something wrong. Everyone should keep always thinking about his own best behaviour he can offer, i dont want to make myself as the best guy because i am not but if everyone starts acting as friendly as he can nobody will have problems with anyone.

I know some ppl of the server which started switching more and more to ffs carball as i started playing there a bit whilest i got banned . Anyways, i wont name them but what i can tell you is because even if their carball is not that good as from neons, their community is friendly at all, everyone is having their fun, they know each other, talk with each other nice and they have an enjoyable atmosphere. It may sounds now like an advertisment but it isnt, we had at Neon years before the same community level like they have now and we destroyed it imo by ourself with starting provoking or caring about the game more than about the fun. Im not talking only about these bans, i talk about everything which happened recently.

Even if i would like the person or not, i would never ban a guy which is over years part of this community just because of the princip. Neon lives from ppl which are over years here such as everyone which is known here, even Kekz and Burak you just banned a month ago. We all built up Neon together over years and we are all a part of the history of Neon. We are all together a big family and i would never take a person out of my family even if he didnt behave always fine and i guess you wouldnt do the same too. We should be all more relaxed and forgive each other more to make it again to a better place as we had it once. With every ban of an (old) player you kill a member of this family, think about it. Why should we keep fighting against each other if we could act together? Rules are here thats right, but it is still just a game and we could resolve everything in so much ways, this way we are focussing now is just the road of the suicide of Neon.

James
      We are all on the same page actually, Every action that has been taken is taken in a perceptive to bring back the FUN. And when looking at the current behaviour of some members on the forum and ingame we can not come to another conclusion that these players do not contribute to that feeling.

So are these bans fair?
      Is it fair that some people ruin the pleasure of those looking on the forum every day?
      Are these even connected in any way?
      Are we still one community?
      Should actions in one part of the community cause effects in other parts?

Well I think it should be clear by now that everybody actually CARES (YIPPIE!) :allthethings:
      So please, players, users, members and people that have come to seek their pleasure in the forum lets not ruin each other fun!

Important!
      Do note this: Neon is the core, United/carball are part of Neon. That means that when you look at it as a pyramid one that misbehaves in United/carball can be banned/muted in there alone. If that player decides to come to make a bad name for itself it will be punished at the core higher in the pyramid and therefore being banned from the entire playground.

I think this should be enough clarification of why some people are being banned, also their behaviour in the server is way below a decent selve. Ofcourse it's a gaming server we don't expect you to follow every rule at every given point but you have to be at least willing to make effort in making a great experience for not just yourself, but for others.

Maybe the one year bans will stand, maybe not. Only time will tell. By now every player should understand that every action has an opposite reaction. If the server is your playhouse we respect that, if the forum is our playhouse you should respect that also. You don't see us storming in the server giving you a hard time.

The road of suicide is letting everybody getting away with everything ruining the experience for everybody.
      You made Carball a favor by banning Foltn. This is what I think, because Carball wasn't the same. On one hand he was an innovator with that kickoff, on the other hand, he's like an ultimate lagger. It's very strange, people who played against him will know as the ball's delay really interferes with other player's concentration. And the arena doesn't kick him even when his ping goes above 150. Enough of Foltn's ping skills overview.
      I don't know what Frenk did, but 1 year is too much. Even for Foltn.
      Maybe you see me supporting 1 of the bans, but in general this is kinda bulshit, because Carball is dying without people. And that means the platform of Neon's dying. Because for like... 2-3 years Neon is only Carball as far as servers are concerned.
      I am worried, because after I come back, I will still want to continue playing and with so many people who are leaving and banned, this would not be possible anymore. But the shit you see now is nothing new, it's been like this for looooooong time. And the last leagues are the miror of this. I feel sorry for James who put so much effort for this league, but some of the players are just ungrateful.
      Hello there, I smelled a fire so I'm here and I brought a tiny fire extinguisher. Wish me luck.

We at Neon aim at acting democratic and, hopefully as a result of that, fair. I'm not sure about these weird forum bans. Actually, it has never been intended to ban people from the forum via democratic vote. We have a forum moderation for applying useful punishments where necessary. At the moment this task is handled by the administration. Banning for a year without any warning or the like appears rather inappropriate to me as well. I fear I cannot do anything about this at the time, though.

Bans aren't decided democratically at all. Section Leaders do not need to ban someone, if the a majority wants it. This is especially reasonable when there are people voting that actually have nothing to do with the section at all.

My question now is: Why are the vote results as they are? The Section Leaders and the members give me the feeling that the majority is not represented by the votes. Weren't you able to vote? Or did you just miss/ignore it? (I'm asking the ones who didn't vote and complain about the result now.)

Usually, a report is submitted, if someone did something wrong. According to the report, the SL decide about the punishment. This ban vote havoc is bullshit. Why do the SL decide? Because it's their section. They invest their time to keep it up so they probably know best what to do and if shit goes down, they are the ones to clean it up. If you think, the SL don't do their job well, start a demotion vote. Such a vote is actually legit and backed by the rules.

The administration may intervene, if an SL abuses rights or violates rules. Otherwise, the section is the SLs' domain. For a reason. You wouldn't like it if you were building a house of cards and suddenly someone turns up with a leaf blower.

Hello,

as we got the permission to actívate our rule and to change some punishments, we decided to short the duration of Frenk's ban: from one year to three weeks in-game, and one year forum ban.

Ivo's ban wich we discuss about at the moment will be changed from one year to one whole month ban in-game, and one year forum ban.

However, FolTn's punishment shall not be changed, he stays banned one year in the forum.

To respect the votes' results, we don't want to set a small punishment like a mute. If you want to write an unban request for the server or the forum, you can send a message to the Section Leaders: Barbawix, Kath and/or RIo. We will post said request and start a vote.

It is not our intention to decide things on our own and we will continue being as much democratically as posible, and only interfere when we are convinced that a wrong decision was made.

This was a hard day for all of us but I hope we can continue as we were doing before.

Your Section Leaders.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Barbawix” ().

Hey, not a serious reply as i never been and will never be serious hh .. Make a better atmosphere people
      ''Who are next? Ivo? Hero? James? Burak? Me? Because we all did stupid unnessecary things in the past.'' -Fab
      Then i might should get excuted instead of ban as i've made the biggest foolish action in cb history
      pls admins take care of me and note it! i want to be famous again and people talking about me :'(((
      Soccer? Don't you mean Football? :trollface:

Deamonik wrote:

Yea you should ban the whole server, so finally you will have only mature people around you, such as regulars
      If they are the only ones, who are mature enough to not break the rules constantly (such as spamming those stupid binds all the time), I'm in.

Deamonik wrote:

but stepping into carball, which you dont care about is really big mistake
      Who said I don't care about Carball or to be precise: United? I build up this baby, together with LTWYD, Ironorange, ShoX, Tjong and many many other members. If I wouldn't care, I wouldn't have started those votes. And I was actually just the one who started them. Pipo and ShoX, both ex section leaders, pushed me to do this. I just didn't do it till now, because I thought I was really the only one, feeling that the behaviour and rule breaking became worse and worse in the past two years. Well, the votes obviously say something different.

F-21 wrote:

Votes are valid. Members voted, you cannot say one vote is more important than another.
      And that's exactly how democracy works. Now it seems that we are some kind of slipshod democracy.

Race wrote:

You made Carball a favor by banning Foltn.
      Sorry, he is not banned on the server (not my fault).

Race wrote:

I feel sorry for James who put so much effort for this league, but some of the players are just ungrateful.
      Same.

Firzen wrote:

Bans aren't decided democratically at all. Section Leaders do not need to ban someone, if the a majority wants it. This is especially reasonable when there are people voting that actually have nothing to do with the section at all.
      Everyone in here is affected by the Carball section and what happens on the server. Why? Because they use the forum to report each other and cry about each other. The governing key in here became worse and worse. So the "inactive" members, which is still not defined, and the Regulars are totally affected by their manner. We got this situation for at least 2 years now, if you didn't notice. And some day it's just enough. So what else should we do, than creating a vote, if talking isn't enough anymore? Those people got punished hundreds of times and still didn't get a bigger punishment. Should we just let them?

Firzen wrote:

You wouldn't like it if you were building a house of cards and suddenly someone turns up with a leaf blower.
      That's how I feel since two years, just that it's a really slow process. All time I invested in here are actually just for the birds.

Barbawix wrote:

This was a hard day for all of us but I hope we can continue as we were doing before.
      Nope, sorry. If you want something in the future, please contact Firzen and Merlin. I'm done with this section, as long as such rules get created, which actually threatens the democratic process in here. I don't want to support that. The last spark of dedication to this section is gone.
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Bass” ().

Ivo is now banned in the forum and the server. 10 people voted for a ban from the server and forum, 1 person voted for nothing to happen at all.

Barbawix wrote:

Ivo's ban wich we discuss about at the moment will be changed from one year to one whole month ban in-game, and one year forum ban.
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown
      Its our right to change the result of a vote if we think thats its way to unfair. Same as its your right to start a demotion vote if u arent happy with the way the lead the server. Still we always prefered and do prefer to solve problems in a democratic way but sl arent only here to represent the clan and look good.
      I wasn't home for 3 days and I came back and found this crap.. you actually started a ban vote for those 3? the most 3 active players in your damn server that keeping it alive? then talk to the members that don't know a shit about what's going on in this server and I bet they well know these 3.. I have got an idea. why don't we start a demotion vote for you if you want it to move in democratic way. I now ask section leaders to start a demotion vote for you because you can't handle a community like this with your mental probs.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Hero^” ().

Hero^ wrote:

you actually started a ban vote for those 3? the most 3 active players in your damn server that keeping it alive?
      Activity doesn't mean shit when you're behaving bad, though, and that's why these votes got started. In fact they actually got started for all the crap that has been happening in the forum and the spam they're doing to topics that aren't relationed to what these guys are talking about.

We also thought a ban was deserved, but not a whole year in-game, and that's why we took action.

Bad-behaving ain't accepted. You can be the most active guy ever that if you start behaving bad, you're out. Duration comes to the Section Leaders.

Thanks to @Rio for the signature.
      You can behave bad yeh, you can also get banned for it.. but... let's think here. why isn't there a rule about WHO should vote and WHO shouldn't.. The point here is that you can't be a DM player and never talked to Frenk for example or joined the carball server but once you see a vote, OH MY GOD, bass voted yes, let's vote like him because he's admin.. About " everyone can behave bad " you can't just be playing in peace " in this moment " then find yourself banned for no reason, I always used to hear about banned people for reports or abusing, not a guy who woke up and decided to start a ban vote for some players after the last case happened was 3 days before.
      I don't like the assumptions this discussion bases on and takes as given and legit, because they are not legit and I feel there's a lack of an explanation.

People are now complaining about SLs having the right to act against the majority of a vote about the punishment of a member. The actual fact is, nobody except the SL has the right to make an effective poll about someone's punishment. This is, because the privilege of deciding about punishments is held by the respective leader of a part, i.e. by the SL for a section.

If there is a need for members to think about punishments for others and they are in the majority, the SL actually haven't done their job well. Punishments should be applied so that the majority thinks it's fair. So if you think the SL didn't do a punishment right (or didn't do any at all), you can start a vote, communicate with them, or, if you think they're doing a bad job, start a demotion vote. It was never intended that members decide about punishments. Because there are some guidelines on how to keep a punishment appropriate.