Situation in Carball

Situation in Carball

Point out some stuff that you agree/not agree with 27

Result is only visible for participants

I've heard from some major Carball players that our favourite mode is dying. I would like to hear from you. I decided to put a symbolic vote and let's just discuss some stuff. I am aware that you're tired of discussion giving the shit that happened with the past tournaments, but still. Do we have a future as a Carball community or not? Please point out other stuff that you can think of.

I hope that not only members can vote here. Please put that thread somewhere that everyone can vote if that's the case
      All users should be able to vote here. I don't think it was a good idea to forbid changing choices. It's a big poll and opinions may change. Also, for further discussion, seeing who voted what could have been useful (except it should be anonymous).

"I agree with the bans and these people should be unbanned if they make an unban request" - They have been banned for 3/4 weeks and not a year like it was intended. Why the fuck should EVERY ACTIVE GUY be unbanned again only because of being active. Yeah, in my opinion they deserved it and I totally agreed with the 3-4 weeks ban.

Guy behaving shit the whole time -> Guy getting banned for a longer time (for reasons of course) -> He's getting unbanned again because why not - he's active. :youdontsay:
      " :wat: :trollface: :cry: :pondering: :sweetjesus: :pfftch: :rainbowpuke: :milk: :seriously: :rageface: :megusta: :fuckingkidding: :bitchplease: :youdontsay: :bean: :fuckyeah: :notbad: :challengeaccepted: :likeasir: :okay: :lol: :foreveralone: :yuno: :why: :pokerface: :no: :ilied: :genius: :allthethings: :iknowthatfeelbro: :pedo: "
      Banhammer was already released and is more less behind us, so we shouldnt get back to that i guess. As it is closed case.

Carball is not dead at all, unfortunately without development there is not gonna be increase of players but opposite, pleasant would be even stagnating. People still find joy in carball, you can find 3v3 matches even in off season what is good. Bad thing is that there is not many active clubs, many players are clubless and the future is one big question mark, if there is gonna be tournament or not is really unknown i would say.

Sections Leaders did only correct decisions, there is no doubt about that, that they do really care and tries to make the community as best as possible.
      Its not only about the not existing development imo. Also about the current community. I dont mean their behaviour like spam or something. New players got simply no chance to play with experienced ones and get instant kicked without even saying one word / telling them a reason. I would lose instant fun and motivation to play further on this server. You cant keep players for 10 years, some day they will lose interest no matter if theres an active scirpter or not. Sooner or later everyone loses interest in the gameplay wich wont change, just some extras here and there. You need to implement the new ones better into the community.
      What is the current advertising name for the sever?
      Maybe adding keywords like soccer and football could give us more players that are randomly looking for available servers.

Because "carball" is the last thing I would think of...
      Same goes for "Neon United" :genius:
      This doesn't even require much work :youdontsay:

Barbawix wrote:

Its not only about the not existing development imo. Also about the current community. I dont mean their behaviour like spam or something. New players got simply no chance to play with experienced ones and get instant kicked without even saying one word / telling them a reason. I would lose instant fun and motivation to play further on this server. You cant keep players for 10 years, some day they will lose interest no matter if theres an active scirpter or not. Sooner or later everyone loses interest in the gameplay wich wont change, just some extras here and there. You need to implement the new ones better into the community.

From what I've experienced about letting the "new players" get a chance is that the most of them are either:
      - ultralaggers;
      - ragequitters;
      - insane insulters;
      - or retards with no english skills at all.

Pipo wrote:

Maybe adding keywords like soccer and football

That's the best fucking idea so far, cause it's simple and doesn't require any scripting skills. :allthethings:
      Not sure if this all make sense, but i guess here is the best place to let out my scraps of thoughts about the "situation"

1. communication and seriousness
      the level of disrespect, sarcasm, meta-talk and make-fun-of-each-other has reached a level, which has a very destructive character. That starts from that stupid binds, over religious provoking, up to talking bad behind someones back. Its a little bit like in a big brother container, you know a lot about the other and use it against him, even when you think its just meant in a funny way.

in example a situation from beginning of the week. a chat turned once more around the"foltn lag" and it escalated pure hate and continous provoking between 2 groups. (yes he has right, no he is wrong). i have no solution for that. i just can give the advise to take a deep breath, search the next mirror and tell to yourself "may i am too young to understand, but i take this stuff way too serious". some awareness that this is just a game with people you will never met would help.

Lets get back a little more to ordinary conversations, with sentences that makes sense and things that cheer up other players.

2. the foltn lag and the level of how you care about
      there are rumors, that there are more players then foltn, which found the magic key how you can have advantage of lagging. (VPN Bussing whatever). Players get in rage when they have a 1vs1 situation and always loose it against the same players.

At this point we have 3 choices -
      a) to accept it like it is - a lag - , because there is no way to get advantage
      b) to accept it like it - however he managed todo it - i dont care, its not affecting myself while having fun playing carball
      c) to know that this produced with intention and needs to be solved (by the server owner or whoever can analyze deeper into what going on regards hitboxes, i know snowy made a better description about it in other thread).
      I am fine with B and i know in former times a lot of players were fine with B, but with league and all this stuff it gets more serious and this stuff to the focus. (but only when you loose)

TL;DR shut up - lets play :D

I never really understood all this nonsense about "SYNC' "LAG" goals, yes in CAPS because whenever there was a goal that has the slightest amount of jitter people litterally spam the chat with those capitalised words. And yes I know as well that when 2 players hit the ball, one guy gets sent to outer space, and the other keeps moving as if nothing happened isn't particularly correct. And some players have that exact ping distance away from the server that they get some "advantage" over other players. For example I can't win any fight against Kath which is totally annoying. But I guess Kath has a similar thing going on vs other players and other players against even other players.

The attempt at moderating this bug/feature is a big failure imo. It gets abused a lot, when I had a goal the other day everybody shouted LAG SYNC FREE!! etc whilst on my screen I hit it normally before the other guy but everybody saw the other guy hitting it making my goal invalid. This pisses of both sides: them cuz they feel it's invalid and me cuz it was valid! I'm not sure where we should take this rule but as HoneyMustard says we are taking this shit waaay to serious. Imo only the really weird ass goals where 2 guys hit it and it suddenly accelerates to terminal velocity should be removed but other shit meh.. we used to play with it back in the days and live with it. Having a discussion after each and every goal breaks the fun, breaks the gameplay and most of all the community.

Regarding the communication and seriousness in that light I see that latest wave of bans/mutes/punishments. Somewhere alone the line all fun was gone and the essence of the GAME being destroyed, first in the server and then is spread out over the forum. So I'd also support honeymusterds "option B".

Also people trying to understand the deep meaning of this glitch and trying to use it to get an advantage: you are stupid and breaking the corresponding rule: "Bug-abusing isn't allowed and will be prosecuted with a perm-ban" (something like that at least) :bitchplease:
      Thanks to everyone who voted/replied so far. I will keep the vote anonymous, because I don't want some people to get influenced by other's votes. And I don't want to see what people would think about the situation as the time passes, but I want to see what they think about it now @Firzen .