New Section "Neon League"

New Section "Neon League"

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and Bass.

As many people play it and many people in the clan play it too, I want to request a new Section for the game "League of Legends".
      We want to make some daily "play-evenings" or something like this in groups. LoL is therefore the best thing to work and cooperate in a team.

Who can join us? It is for everyone. We don't look at the "skills" from some players, we play for fun and to work together in a team. In League of Legends there are many modes.
      When we've got 3 people to play, there is a 3 vs. 3 map. When we have 4 or 5 people, we can play on the 5 vs. 5 map. So everybody can participate and nobody has to wait, when we didn't start a game. One game last about ~15-40 minutes. It'll be everything in League of Legends so no server has to be hosted by someone. We want to get more activity in this clan and I know that there a minimum 10 League of Legends players in the Neon Clan.
      The name would be like in the title "Neon League" and the Sectiontag could be "NeLoL" or "NeL" or something like this. We aren't sure about this yet.
      This section would have 3 Section Leaders. SheX, Hons and me.
      If everything is alright, a Regular could start a poll in the Regulars Table.
      Our aim is to get more games and activity in this clan.

Are you interested in it, but haven't got installed LoL? ||
      It's no problem, install it and let's go. We play for fun and not for success. :thumbup:

Thanks for reading.
      " :wat: :trollface: :cry: :pondering: :sweetjesus: :pfftch: :rainbowpuke: :milk: :seriously: :rageface: :megusta: :fuckingkidding: :bitchplease: :youdontsay: :bean: :fuckyeah: :notbad: :challengeaccepted: :likeasir: :okay: :lol: :foreveralone: :yuno: :why: :pokerface: :no: :ilied: :genius: :allthethings: :iknowthatfeelbro: :pedo: "
      Are you interested in the game and a section? 30
        Yes, I'm interested in the game AND a section (9) 30%
        Yes, I'm interested in the game, BUT a section is not needed (3) 10%
        I don't care/I don't know (2) 7%
        No, I am not interested in the game, BUT a section is fine (0) 0%
        No, I am neither interested in the game, NOR a section (16) 53%
      Actually I don't really care, if it becomes a section or not, as I don't own this game and I don't really want to.

But what I want to know, are there actually members that are interested in such a section, BEFORE we start a vote for the Regulars. I want to collect opinions to that with this vote.

Please note, that this vote doesn't affect anything and shows just the shape of public opinion!

The vote ends on Wednesday, the 2nd of April, 2014, 22:45 CEST.
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown
      I dont see a reason why you really need a section for LoL. If you want to play with people from neon just create a thread and ask if someone wants to play. A section seems a bit overkill to me. To me it looks like there is no need for a complete section and subforum since there is not that much to talk about LoL in general? Everybody is welcome to join our mumble server to group up with you guys anytime. We also can add a channel for you which you can moderate(create sub channels for specific teams, ...).

- Merlin.
      I see your point here, but we also want to bring more activity in this forum. When nobody would reply on such a thread, the thread "goes down" and nobody will ever see it. We want to give some new gamers "tips" and we want to build our little subforum with the kind of modes, tips, players and much more. I believe people would join the clan because of this, as MANY people are playing LoL, also from the different servers. We could give it atleast a try.
      " :wat: :trollface: :cry: :pondering: :sweetjesus: :pfftch: :rainbowpuke: :milk: :seriously: :rageface: :megusta: :fuckingkidding: :bitchplease: :youdontsay: :bean: :fuckyeah: :notbad: :challengeaccepted: :likeasir: :okay: :lol: :foreveralone: :yuno: :why: :pokerface: :no: :ilied: :genius: :allthethings: :iknowthatfeelbro: :pedo: "

ShoX wrote:

I see your point here, but we also want to bring more activity in this forum. When nobody would reply on such a thread, the thread "goes down" and nobody will ever see it. We want to give some new gamers "tips" and we want to build our little subforum with the kind of modes, tips, players and much more. I believe people would join the clan because of this, as MANY people are playing LoL, also from the different servers. We could give it atleast a try.

You would just bring activity in you newly created subforum. We can also create a new subforum called "Gamers Corner" and add a LoL subforum to it where you can add your guides if there are enough guides made. It would be located way more at the top of the page as the section which would be at the bottom of the forum under Neon Mine. I think this solution would fit better and bring more activity to Neon in general. The vote is running we will see what the public opinion is. Im just gave my opinion to that topic im not going to try to stop you guys but maybe a general gaming subforum would fit better.

Note: im not trying to stop you guys with creating a section, just writing out my mind.

- Merlin
      I believe you that you don't want to stop us with creating a section and I understand what you mean but something like a "Gamers Corner" existed not a long time ago. It was a complete failure and we don't want to make this step again, because I'm interested at the moment in those 2 games, "MTA" and "LoL". We could get more activity in this forum, not only at the LoL-subforum, also in the other ones, because we try to get some people to visit the forum mostly from the MTA community. Also their activity is increased and they'll see the new threads in the United-section as well.
      But I agree with you to wait till the poll is finished what the Users and Members are thinking about it.
      I really think that a new subforum for this would be nice. We've got many ideas that we can share with other players and such a forum would just increase the amount of people in the forum. I don't know exactly what's wrong in having an own subforum for the most populated game in a multigaming clan.
      One simply thread is clearly not enough.
      Same for Neon Mine. Some threads are started within 4 years. I am not interested in minecraft in no way, but I simply don't care about that stuff actually. So why do so many people vote AGAINST a Section and don't vote that they actually don't care. Which problems would you have with this in a multigaming clan? Also one answer is simply ignored, that you don't want to play this game, but you are fine with a section. This would also be possible to vote. :bean:

Post was edited 1 time, last by “ShoX”: extended the post. ().

ShoX wrote:

Another question. Could those guys explain me, why they have voted NOT for a section. Are you just not interested in this game?
      Is it, because you don't want to play it or haven't the game installed? It's easy to download and everybody can play it as it is free-to-play.
      I really think that a new subforum for this would be nice. We've got many ideas that we can share with other players and such a forum would just increase the amount of people in the forum. I don't know exactly what's wrong in having an own subforum for the most populated game in a multigaming clan.
      One simply thread is clearly not enough.
      Same for Neon Mine. Some threads are started within 4 years. I am not interested in minecraft in no way, but I simply don't care about that stuff actually. So why do so many people vote AGAINST a Section and don't vote that they actually don't care. Which problems would you have with this in a multigaming clan? Also one answer is simply ignored, that you don't want to play this game, but you are fine with a section. This would also be possible to vote.

Bump.
      I mostly see this like Merlin.
      We recently had two Sections (Gaming and GO) which nothing happened in. A new Section is a bit of work and it's not nice to make us (administration) trouble and then after three weeks be like :bitchplease: (like CileyMyrus) and we have to clean up the mess.

I'm for a new forum named Alpha (or the like) where members can request a subforum for projects they'd like to try out and that maybe will grow into a Section then. They'd get moderator rights in their subforum and could pin threads and maybe also make news in the news area for their project. Maybe we could somehow else make that area more visible so everyone would see it and give it a try, if interested.
      The project name could be freely chosen and the project freely administrated by the founders then. They could also have a Mumble channel, if desired.

Something else in general: Section tags are not freely choosable (anymore).
      well: the direct link still works: :bean: suggested by NEON, the "Similar Threads" below had a "What is Neon Gaming?" so I clicked :bean:

For all who want to recall:
      forum.neon-gaming.de/index.php/Board/42-Neon-Gaming/
      - such forum, very active

and the LoL sub-forum back there
      League of Legends Team
      - total activity spread out over a whopping mindblowing 2-days

My suggestion would be te re-open Neon Gaming, it's nice to have something like that laying around the corner, yes it wasn't a succes at first.. but over time when people get to know each other better and starting to play other games together it 'might' actually be used. (when I look for myself I don't need it right now.. but it might be cool to play some other games every now and then and a standard subforum to make threads in could always be an good option.. (I don't know if it's already an option but poll(s) should be enabled in there to see if people are interested in whatever games/tournaments or the like. In the old setting the section was a total bust.. but hey: here we are again with basically the same question so maybe the project has been unplugged to soon..

- and oh... it's probably a bug that it suggests closed off parts of neon :trollface: :neon:

long story short:
      re-open subsection Neon Gaming so WHEN/IF people want to make threads about other games etc they have a good place to do so. :likeasir: (for me this thread justifies just that, it's not about the activity in there but the possibility for all players and members + it would add to the group adhesion :bean: )
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/moderator.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/financier.png[/img]
      If you would look closely, @Merlin already created a subforum called "Gaming Corner" with the subsubforums "Multi Theft Auto" and "League of Legends" as examples. There is no need to create a section for that, if you can have a subforum without having a section. The advantage of such a subforum is that it is right on the top of the page, while a section, as Merlin already said, would be down under the Mine section, where nobody sees it. Although I don't see a reason of having a whole section for a game that doesn't even need own servers, nor are rules needed or a memberlist. If you can only play 5 vs. 5 matches, it is actually not a reason for me to put that much effort in something like this.

In my opinion reopening the Gaming section would be again just work nobody needs to put time in, just like a LoL section.

Changed my vote.
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown
      After reading all these replies and following this thread since its start. I will now change my vote too. I'm interested in the game, but I now understand that a section would be too much. A sub is enough.
      iShadowLTu

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/332yt53.png[/img][img]http://s16.postimage.org/odk6o57th/smaller2.png[/img]

[img]http://s12.postimg.org/vs6mfd2t9/2616.png[/img]

[img]http://www.upload.ee/image/3515455/SHADOW.png[/img]

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code..."

Maps by me for Neon Fun

Click a name of a map to view its video.

[table='Mode,Name']
      Fun DD[*]Neon Towers[*]
      Climbing[*]Highway to Hell[*]
      Fun DD[*]Neon Towers Simplified[*]
      Fun Racing[*]Fun Randomness[*]
      Fun Racing[*]Skilled Driver[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]Wet Work[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]Fasten Your Seatbelt[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]Beginning of Hell[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]HELL[*]
      Climbing[*]Neon Climbing (Work in Progress)[*]
      Trials[*]Sanchez Trials Extreme (Work in Progress)[*]
      DD Evolution[*](Work in Progress)
      [/table]
      If you want to find more players through the game itself you should wear our clantag [Ne] and advertise the forum. If you wish so I could easily setup a subdomain like lol.neon-gaming.de directly sending visitors to the LoL subforum or maybe even kind of a navigation thread or - if you want to make one - an own HTML page with information about your team, your playtimes, yourself, the project, the clan and so on. (A thread for that or maybe several threads would be much easier probably).
      I didn't understand Merlin's idea at first but now with the example there that's perfect! No messing about with a new section. /like
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/moderator.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/financier.png[/img]