New Section/Sub-Section "Carball Management"

New Section/Sub-Section "Carball Management"

Good evening ladies and gentleman,

we would like to suggest the new section/sub-section of Neon United "Carball Management". So the first question that may come to your mind is:

Why is there a need for this section?

First of all we think that Carball really needs an own section because it is one of the biggest parts of Neon United.
      We also think that a new section would make it much easier to manage the following things:
      • Internal Club stuff
      • National teams
      • Leagues
      • Team battles
      • Tournaments/Other events
      • (Maps)
      • (Suggestions)
      And much more...

All these points would help to raise activity, find official clubs and the national teams could help to respect each other club. We don't want an own server for this (ofc) and think that a sub section would do a better job since Carball is a part of Neon United.

There are 3 members who would love to lead this (sub-)section: Fabian, F-22 and me. The section tag should be: CM (if needed)

Thanks to you all for reading.
      Well im quite certain its a sub section cause its just a gamemode in united.

The only thing i can think off that carball has are the 4 tournament we hold each year and that was done by none of you 3 (at least the ones i can remember), not that that matters much though.
      And the manage team thingy which tjong will finish eventually (i guess/hope).
      Maps were done by soad and i dont get why anyone appart from tjong should decide on that stuff.

But i think this falls more under a united request then something from the regulars?

I myself am against this simply cause we have members who have the right to discuss this stuff about every gamemode and you 3 don't need any section to make a team management or to organise tournaments.
      Every member should also keep every right to every gamemode imo and not that 3 or maybe more can get some additional ones.

Im sorry but i don't see the purpose of this sub section or the need for one.
      But if you would lead it you mean you lead the carball gamemode?

And tbh all the things you want to do are stuff you can do without any need of a additional sub section but you just haven't. If you suggest something and the SL's or members agree with it, it can be made, organised or implemented.
      [img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2273/ufs.png[/img]

Ironorange wrote:

Well im quite certain its a sub section cause its just a gamemode in united.

That does not matter.

Ironorange wrote:

The only thing i can think off that carball has are the 4 tournament we hold each year and that was done by none of you 3 (at least the ones i can remember), not that that matters much though.
      And the manage team thingy which tjong will finish eventually (i guess/hope).

Tournaments are one of the reasons why we want a section/sub section in the forum just for carball. Other would be a place for teams (clubs/fun clans...) to make their own memberlist to make things more official and other stuff related to these clubs (their own club (clan) wars...).
      I am not entirely sure what manage team thingy is, but it would probably make the need for a section even bigger.
      The most important thing that carball has are players - lots of players. Usually a third of all people on united are in carball.

Ironorange wrote:

Maps were done by soad and i dont get why anyone appart from tjong should decide on that stuff.

Soad made 2 maps for carball. I am not saying that they are bad (ofc they are the best), but they are not the only maps we have... Gorillaz made one or two, I also made two (but only one is currently on the server)... But that does not even matter, we want to give players a place where they could post their own maps, so we might get better maps for the server.

Ironorange wrote:

But i think this falls more under a united request then something from the regulars?

Might be.

Ironorange wrote:

I myself am against this simply cause we have members who have the right to discuss this stuff about every gamemode and you 3 don't need any section to make a team management or to organise tournaments.
      Every member should also keep every right to every gamemode imo and not that 3 or maybe more can get some additional ones.

What rights? We are not talking about anything like that. I doubt making a team management in the united forum section would be good, cause it would only be a huge mess.. You are against it, cause we have members who have the right to discuss this stuff??? What do you mean? They can still discuss it all as much as they want. We are not requesting any more rights than we currently have, if that is the problem.

Ironorange wrote:

Im sorry but i don't see the purpose of this sub section or the need for one.
      But if you would lead it you mean you lead the carball gamemode?

We don't need to lead the gamemode, we only want a forum section, because carball is one of the biggest parts of Neon United.

Ironorange wrote:

And tbh all the things you want to do are stuff you can do without any need of a additional sub section but you just haven't. If you suggest something and the SL's or members agree with it, it can be made, organised or implemented.

Well, it does not seem like you would agree to this. We are trying to do it. But I really don't think that we should post all the teams and torunaments in the united section, where it will soon get lost.

You can clearly see that there are already loads of clubs playing on the server (#S, X, haze, <> and others). This would hopefully make even more of them. That would increase activity and make more bonds (you can already see that most active players are in some club). They could organise their own torunaments and clan wars between themselves.
      Eventually, people in these clubs could get some more special options in game (for example their unique team color option...) and that would probably motivate players to get in clubs - that means bigger activity on the server and probably more teams in tournaments.
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/fun/spast.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
      "People already got banned for less." - Bass

Post was edited 4 times, last by “F-22” ().

Whether this should be a Section or some sub-thing in United is more the decision of those who want to found and lead it. If you did an own Section with members and all though it'd be Tjong's (and/or the United SLs') decision whether they'd give Carball members member rights in the Carball mode (or on the United server).

However, if an own subforum would suffice for a start I'd suggest/recommend creating one either in the United forum or in the Neon forum. I, as a Regular or as a United member (depending on what you decide for), would be against the Section as long as I don't see content before it's being opened (because of bad experience with quick Sections like GO and Gaming). With content I mean forum activity concerning the topic Carball, events and stuff - mainly the things Velo mentioned in the headpost.

However, a United sub-section would be subordinate to United :youdontsay: and thus the SL would decide everything about it and you'd have to request some moderation rights for this sub-thing then. It'd be a freely organized thing without any structures defined by Neon. Thus no Section tag.

With a Neon Section you'd be independent of United, its SLs, members and decisions (unless you decide to depend on something), of course apart from the server that hosts the Carball mode. The United SLs/Tjong have to decide whether you get administrative access to the Carball mode and so on.
      First I disliked your idea, because I read it shortly before I was going to bed and didn't understand the details.

What I understood now is that you just want a little subforum in United, which is really easy to create. Just look in the Gaming Corner between our general forums, there you can see how it could look. We could do the same for United called "Carball Lounge" or something and just create this mini subforum there. It's still a part of the United forum then and stuff wouldn't get lost. Easy as pie.

So I support your idea, as I agree with you that Carball is the most visited mode and the only mode that actually needs to be really cared about, because of the possibilities it offers (besides that, interested people could do the same for the Race gamemodes for clan wars, etc.).

And I can also understand Velo, who just realized what LTWYD and me and some others already saw. You just disagree with simple stuff where members want to take care of and you think it's all because of rights and fear that you lose your power here. Also your disagreement with the help people offers just brings the section an idle state, as Tjong took a break so you wouldn't see updates for a while. Stuff like this can just help the section and isn't something to disagree about.

Edit:
      Just created the above mentioned as an example. This is how it could look like.
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Bass” ().

I think that's the best way to go too.. minimum need of extra leaders etcetera.. I like to see such sub-section (and ofcourse carball is part of united) to be as open as possible so it's acacessable for everyone to post whatever they want such as:
      - Group topics
      - Tournaments
      - Status reports
      - Other related carball stuff :bitchplease:

Overall: I really like the idea as long as it's open for everyone so not another section (so I'm joining Firzen & Bass in this matter) ^^
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/moderator.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/financier.png[/img]
      I like the idea in general. Maybe with the ''Manage teams'' feature on the server (when Benne makes it), it would be even better.

But:

Velo wrote:

There are 3 members who would love to lead this (sub-)section: Fabian, F-22 and me. The section tag should be: CM (if needed

I don't think that there should be official leaders or sth, because like Firzen said, if you plan to make a whole new section, it would be independent on the United Section ... someone just creates the sub-forum and we all post stuff. There is no need of leadership in my opinion.
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ol8Crlm.png[/img]

Race wrote:

I like the idea in general. Maybe with the ''Manage teams'' feature on the server (when Benne makes it), it would be even better.

But:

Velo wrote:

There are 3 members who would love to lead this (sub-)section: Fabian, F-22 and me. The section tag should be: CM (if needed

I don't think that there should be official leaders or sth, because like Firzen said, if you plan to make a whole new section, it would be independent on the United Section ... someone just creates the sub-forum and we all post stuff. There is no need of leadership in my opinion.

Well there should be some people managing that all this stuff becomes official, because that is the whole point of this section. Someone has to do this job and we stand up for it.
      I think i misunderstood this all as well.
      I thought you wanted to lead the section and change the rules or other stuff, a own forum in the united forum would be quite handy i believe. But it's for me not very clear what you 3 want to do with the sub forum and what changes it would make.
      Can others not organise a official tournament anymore if they don't have your opinion for example?
      If you could just inform me a little bit more that would be well appreciated and sorry for my misunderstanding.

Ironorange wrote:

I think i misunderstood this all as well.
      I thought you wanted to lead the section and change the rules or other stuff, a own forum in the united forum would be quite handy i believe. But it's for me not very clear what you 3 want to do with the sub forum and what changes it would make.
      Can others not organise a official tournament anymore if they don't have your opinion for example?
      If you could just inform me a little bit more that would be well appreciated and sorry for my misunderstanding.

Still users could post their own ideas about events. We are just there for the "official" part and helping others with it. We don't want to change the whole Carball Gamemode but make it more active with some nice ideas I think. Of course we will respect other ideas.
      So you 3 want to be like a fifa for neon carball (to some degree).
      I don't see a problem with a sub forum in the united section with you 3 having moderative rights in that sub section.

I was just afraid that you guys wanted to create some own rules and stuff but its more for the organising part.
      Everybody could still make torunaments... It just might be more simple and clear.
      But mainly, it would be for club/team stuff.
      [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/fun/spast.png[/img]
      "People already got banned for less." - Bass
      Seems like a great idea to me and the effects it can have for neon are pretty much only positive. The only problem for me is that I don't want Fabian in that team but I guess I'm not the one who decides that.

Based on this idea, every game mode could have a sub section with 1-2 people being its managers. I believe it would be entirely beneficial for the section itself and for neon overall. Having a guy or two actually focusing their ideas, time and management abilities for a specialized section will bring better results.

At the moment there's a huge problem in neon and that's the lack of balancing the players between each mode. Thus far we probably thought something like a subsection manager wouldn't be needed, but now that some time has passed and a few modes are always empty, we should try out something to alter that. If we can bring a stable community, even if its small for starters, to each and every game mode, the popularity will grow high.

GGkiA wrote:

Seems like a great idea to me and the effects it can have for neon are pretty much only positive. The only problem for me is that I don't want Fabian in that team but I guess I'm not the one who decides that.
      Why that if I may ask? I think I'm one of the most active Neon members at Carball and I've been playing the mode ever since I joined Neon back in 2012. So if you could give me a explanation that would be nice :)

Edit: Been talked about this ingame, you may ignore this :).

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Fabian050” ().