The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition FOR FREE till the 31st of July, 2014!

The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition FOR FREE till the 31st of July, 2014!

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection goes free for all on Origin - PC Gamer wrote:

​Earlier this month, Electronic Arts announced that The Sims 2 was being "retired," and that to make up for the loss, anyone who owns it would be upgraded to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin at no charge. But today that deal got a whole lot more Oprah, as EA is now offering the game to everyone, on the house—even thought it's not actually an On the House promotion.

As noticed by the fine folks at NeoGAF, the "How to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" entry on EA's help site underwent a change today. It still implies that the offer is limited to Sims 2 owners, saying, "Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library." But the code actually works for everyone. I know this, because I tried it, and I am now the proud owner of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin despite not having the original release in my collection.

It's really quite a simple process: Fire up Origin, log in, select "Redeem Product Code" from the "Games" menu and then enter "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS," minus the quotes. Bam! You may not actually love them, but you now officially own them.

Interestingly, this is not one of EA's On the House offerings; Peggle is still filling that particular niche. So what's the deal? Perhaps it's the kinder, gentler EA in action, or maybe it's just trying to ramp up interest in the franchise ahead of the September launch of The Sims 4.

Either way, it's free stuff, and since The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is no longer available to purchase on Origin (which may be a big part of why EA doesn't mind giving it away), if you want it, this would seem to be the only way you're going to get it. One potential catch: This might all be a big mistake, and EA could pull the plug at any time. I'd recommend you don't dawdle.

Original EA source:
      help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-…ms-2-ultimate-collection/

An awesome offer for every Sims fan. Have fun with killing your Sim(s). :thumbup:
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown
      Can confirm working, had original Sims 2 with a couple of expansion packs downloaded but was always lazy to get all of them, this is great. Thanks for sharing, Bass.
      iShadowLTu

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code..."

Maps by me for Neon Fun

Click a name of a map to view its video.

[table='Mode,Name']
      Fun DD[*]Neon Towers[*]
      Climbing[*]Highway to Hell[*]
      Fun DD[*]Neon Towers Simplified[*]
      Fun Racing[*]Fun Randomness[*]
      Fun Racing[*]Skilled Driver[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]Wet Work[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]Fasten Your Seatbelt[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]Beginning of Hell[*]
      Classic Race DM[*]HELL[*]
      Climbing[*]Neon Climbing (Work in Progress)[*]
      Trials[*]Sanchez Trials Extreme (Work in Progress)[*]
      DD Evolution[*](Work in Progress)
      [/table]
      As Sims 2 doesn't offer resolutions like 1920x1080 and higher, you have to change it in the config files of your game.

Simply do the following:

Go to the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Config
      Open the "Graphics Rules.sgr" file with an editor program (preferable Notepad ++)
      Search for "option ScreenModeResolution"
      Replace everything at "setting $High" with 19020x1080

Source Code

1. option ScreenModeResolution
      2. setting $Low
      3. uintProp maxResWidth 800
      4. uintProp maxResHeight 600
      5. uintProp defaultResWidth 800
      6. uintProp defaultResHeight 600
      7. setting $Medium
      8. uintProp maxResWidth 1280
      9. uintProp maxResHeight 1024
      10. uintProp defaultResWidth 1024
      11. uintProp defaultResHeight 768
      12. setting $High
      13. uintProp maxResWidth 1920
      14. uintProp maxResHeight 1080
      15. uintProp defaultResWidth 1920
      16. uintProp defaultResHeight 1080

Safe the file
      Start the game
      Profit!

Tested it and works fine for me. :thumbup:
      It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
      Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown