How to create your own MTA Server!

How to create your own MTA Server!

Hey! :foreveralone:
      I was scrolling through the forum when I saw this topic without anything inside it :why:
      Now, I am making this quick little tutorial to those who don't know how to make an MTA Server.

Getting started

You need to know, that when you installed MTA, there were ticks. You might have not ticked the "Install dedicated server" one, so if you didn't, you have to reinstall MTA and tick that one if you want to get started with your server.

1. Open your C:/Program Files x86/MTA San Andreas/server
      This is your server. MTA has already installed it for you. All you have to do now, is to set it up, and run it.
      2. Open the "mods" folder.
      3. Open the "deathmatch" folder.
      4. Open "mtaserver.conf" files.
      I recommend you to open it with Notepad++. Easy and quick, works for me, with any kind of file like this. Download link: Notepad++ v7.2 - Current Version. You can also use Word.
      5. If you did everything right, you will get the following lines
      Show Spoiler
      <!-- This parameter specifies the name the server will be visible as in the ingame server browser
      and on Game-Monitor. It is a required parameter. -->
      <servername>YOUR SERVER'S NAME</servername>

<!-- ONLY USE THIS PARAMETER IF YOU ARE SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING - it is generally only
      needed for professional servers and should be left at the default value otherwise.
      This parameter specifies the IP to use for servers that have multiple IP addresses. If set
      to auto, it will automatically detect and use the server's standard local IP address.
      Values: auto or x.x.x.x ; default value: auto -->
      <!-- SERVERIP SHOULD BE LEFT SET TO auto UNLESS YOU ARE SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING -->
      <serverip>YOUR SERVER'S IP (leave it at auto, if you are not sure what your IP adress is)</serverip>
      <!-- WARNING: SETTING serverip AND THEN ASKING FOR SUPPORT CAN CAUSE DEATH OR INJURY -->

<!-- This parameter specifies the UDP port on which the server will be accepting incoming player
      connections; default value: 22003. It is a required parameter. -->
      <serverport>22003</serverport>

<!-- This parameter specifies the number of maximum player slots available on the server; default
      value: 32. It is a required parameter. -->
      <maxplayers>AMOUNT OF PLAYERS THAT WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN</maxplayers>

<!-- This parameter specifies the TCP port on which the server will be accepting incoming http
      connections. It can be set to the same value as <serverport>. It is a required parameter
      if <httpserver> is set to 1. -->
      <httpport>22005</httpport>

<!-- Specifies the frame rate limit that will be applied to connecting clients.
      Available range: 25 to 100. Default: 36. -->
      <fpslimit>YOUR SERVER'S FPS LIMIT</fpslimit>

Customizing your server

Here, I'll explain how to upload mods, maps, and scripts. You can download many different things for your server here: Multi Theft Auto | Community.

1. Open the "resources" folder.
      Here are your resources. Mods, maps, scripts, etc.
      2. You've found a cool mod for the car Infernus. You download the mod, and make a folder in the "resources" folder. You put the mod's files ( .dff, .txd ) in it.
      3. Now, you have to make a script for your mod to work. I already made this script for you :bean: Script Just put it into your folder where the mod is, and fill it with the given way.
      4. Now, to make your mod work, you should add it to the default resources that will start up when the server does. To do this, open "mtaserver.conf". You will have to add a command to make your resource start up. Follow the instructions give below.
      This is at the bottom of the "mtaserver.conf".
      Show Spoiler
      <resource src="acl" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="admin" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="defaultstats" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="helpmanager" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="joinquit" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="mapcycler" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="mapmanager" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="parachute" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="performancebrowser" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="reload" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="resourcebrowser" startup="1" protected="1" default="true" />
      <resource src="resourcemanager" startup="1" protected="1" />
      <resource src="scoreboard" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="spawnmanager" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="voice" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="votemanager" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="webadmin" startup="1" protected="0" />
      <resource src="YOUR MOD'S RESOURCE'S NAME" startup="1" protected="0" />

DONE
      :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Dani_” ().

Mtaserver.conf add the <fps></fps> part.. its standard setting is 36 fps and you MUST map in 50-60 fps or your maps might get bugs especially dm maps. (I"ll delete this post when u add this) :bean:

hh not deleted.. but seriously when you start mapping change that value to 50... 36fps is gay

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Pipo” ().