Kalamir poll

    I’ve played carball actively enough to form my conclusion, even though I don’t think this vote makes the slightest of sense. Anyone can make their own set of rules for their tournaments so this poll is exactly just that. A poll of interest.

    For me it is simple there is a before and an after Kalamir kickoffs. That should say enough but for those who don’t get it.
    It used to a fun and balanced game.
    It is now a not so fun and not so balanced game.
    Using any ingame features in a way they werent intended to give some form of an advantage, such as the “return to playfield” script to do the “kalamir” kickoff is bug-(ab)using.

    Salty sammy: But it won’t be fixed probably so enjoy your unbalanced weird kickoff that has nothing to do with carball :bitchplease:

    @ANALyse The poll didn’t state only active players could vote :ilied:
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/moderator.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/financier.png[/img]
    @Pipo "return to playfield" is not a bug, it is a completely normal feature. Carball did not have it before, but the gameplay was way slower. This kickoff is just a way of exploiting the feature.
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/fun/spast.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
    "People already got banned for less." - Bass

    Post was edited 1 time, last by “F-21” ().

    Yes, thats what I said, or tried to say. The kalamir kickoff is exploiting the function of the “return to playfield” function. Which is one of the best features of modern carball so gj on that Tjong. :bean:
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/moderator.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/financier.png[/img]
    Kalamir is definatly not bugusing as the invisible wall is a feature. What you do with it is on your own and Foltn just found a new way to do the kickoff same as other playstyles like trolling got invented by someone some day. At first i was against it in 2016 bcs i thought it would be unfair as I just couldnt do it but now as more players can Kalamir its never ever an unfair playstyle. Most of the people voting for a ban just have the same reasons i got back then, they simply cant do it/their club. Also imo this way to kickoff is way more skill based then the normal one. In the normal kickoff its just luck, you press jump 100 times and hope you win the clash but for kalamir you need a perfect timing. Imo it would be pretty unfair to Foltn and expecially the players who put time and effort in learning this playstyle.

    Fabian wrote:

    And if that doesn't happen we'll start a riot and protest and boycot everything!!(Please do not make me do this )


    And this just shows me your saltyness. This attitude makes me upset.
    Barb, that was pure sarcasm haha. Well, I gotta admit that you are wrong. People who can kalamir also voted in favor of a ban. Anyways, it doesn't matter if it's a skill or not. I really get crazy if everyone is using this kalamir all the time. Ball is at high speed somewhere in the air, falls down and someone scores. Then again, kalamir, ball is somewhere high in the air and again a goal. This over and over. I played a match today with 3 guys going for the kalamir and it was a massive shit match! No nice teamplay or hard battle kickoffs, just a pitching and pounding ball through the arena that ends in a goal somewhere.

    You know what makes me upset Barb? That you are the section leader of Carball and vote against a ban. You vote against the beautiful way carball is used to be played. No way you can compare this with trolling in any kind. This kickoff is completely random and it's shit! So you vote anti-carball because you got the guy who invented it in your X team.

    You of all the persons in this server I expected to back me up in this matter, because you have a great heart for carball and you love to teamplay and make beautiful goals with skill/dribbling and passing.

    Why don't we change it? They invented Kalamir because people cannot do a normal kickoff which required a lot more skill and is more effective and nice for the playstyle.

    I just want to point you at Ivo's post because I was surprised that he managed to explain it better than any of us did so far. Please read it once again, no matter what happens, 50% of the server will feel what Ivo wrote down.

    Let's make carball great again.
    Only the ones who are in clubs should vote for this, bass asked Fabian not to count his vote which is respectful but why should we take in consider kappa's or modey's voted? Since they won't gain nothing from this as it'll be only forbidden in tournaments. Stop putting your names in polls.. You don't win gold from it.

    Post was edited 1 time, last by “Williamx Shixsiper” ().

    Barbawix wrote:

    Wtf are you the messias of Carball? You just sound mental. I would need to quote every single sentence of this for an proper anwer. You are just ridiculousm, read again what you wrote xD


    Great answer for a section leader sir. I'll be signing myself up for a mental care facility.

    It's great to see an actual discussion going on with both sides at least trying to make a proper reply and taking their time for it.

    Take a look at F-22, Partyz, Ivo, Pipo who joined the discussion in a proper way. Learn from these experienced people instead of writing this stuff down. Better just don't reply at all if you got nothing to add.

    EDIT ON POST BELOW CUZ TOO TIRED TO WRITE ANOTHER REPLY.

    Barb, you made it personal the moment you turned my sarcasm joke(for so far everyone understood) into a personal opinion about me. 'Saltyness'. What else I need to say?

    Post was edited 1 time, last by “Fabian” ().

    Fabian wrote:

    You know what makes me upset Barb? That you are the section leader of Carball and vote against a ban. You vote against the beautiful way carball is used to be played. No way you can compare this with trolling in any kind. This kickoff is completely random and it's shit! So you vote anti-carball because you got the guy who invented it in your X team.

    You of all the persons in this server I expected to back me up in this matter, because you have a great heart for carball and you love to teamplay and make beautiful goals with skill/dribbling and passing.

    Why don't we change it? They invented Kalamir because people cannot do a normal kickoff which required a lot more skill and is more effective and nice for the playstyle.


    I gave you my personal opinion on this. You started to go offtopic with this nonsense

    Barbawix wrote:

    I gave you my personal opinion on this. You started to go offtopic with this nonsense

    I don't think tjong made such a feature, creating this stupid kalamir just gives you the biggest advantage to win matches which is preasuring on the defender, no matter how good he's, he gets confused since his camera can't always get the high kalamir ball.
    If you want this to be allowed, you gotta wait for it to the next tournament or even 2 tournaments more since everyone can't always do it right but sometimes they miss, while foltn never misses it (the creator himself) now the topic is changed. You want this to be allowed? why not? but foltn is the only one that always do it and never miss it. so it's about fairness now. Peace out. "Mental"
    I have to disagree here tho, without offending Foltn but he missed quiet alot in the last days and fucked us up sometimes xD Ofcourse Tjong didnt create the feature for Kalamir but i dont think its bugusing or sthg like that bcs it wasnt ment to work that way. Also you have to count on 2 players at Kalamir. The normal kickoff in a perfect way flys behind your goal and gets back right before the goal. Its very hard to defend aswell so why dont we forbid it? Its just skill imo.

    Fabian wrote:

    Barb, that was pure sarcasm haha. Well, I gotta admit that you are wrong. People who can kalamir also voted in favor of a ban. Anyways, it doesn't matter if it's a skill or not. I really get crazy if everyone is using this kalamir all the time. Ball is at high speed somewhere in the air, falls down and someone scores. Then again, kalamir, ball is somewhere high in the air and again a goal. This over and over. I played a match today with 3 guys going for the kalamir and it was a massive shit match! No nice teamplay or hard battle kickoffs, just a pitching and pounding ball through the arena that ends in a goal somewhere.

    You know what makes me upset Barb? That you are the section leader of Carball and vote against a ban. You vote against the beautiful way carball is used to be played. No way you can compare this with trolling in any kind. This kickoff is completely random and it's shit! So you vote anti-carball because you got the guy who invented it in your X team.

    You of all the persons in this server I expected to back me up in this matter, because you have a great heart for carball and you love to teamplay and make beautiful goals with skill/dribbling and passing.

    Why don't we change it? They invented Kalamir because people cannot do a normal kickoff which required a lot more skill and is more effective and nice for the playstyle.

    I just want to point you at Ivo's post because I was surprised that he managed to explain it better than any of us did so far. Please read it once again, no matter what happens, 50% of the server will feel what Ivo wrote down.

    Let's make carball great again.


    Williamx Shixsiper wrote:

    Only the ones who are in clubs should vote for this, bass asked Fabian not to count his vote which is respectful but why should we take in consider kappa's or modey's voted? Since they won't gain nothing from this as it'll be only forbidden in tournaments. Stop putting your names in polls.. You don't win gold from it.


    @Hero
    Modey is in a Club just btw.

    @Fab Youre wrong , NOBODY who voted in favor can kalamir good.
    Maybe one of them can hit 1/5 balls but nobody can kalamir like a party, me , med , foltn or bambi from in favor guys.

    Ofc Tijong dont created the walls only for Kalamir , but its OUR job to make the best on it.
    There are like 20 different techniques to block balls ,scoring goals , saving goals AND also some ways to kickoff
    Everybody have to find the best way for himself, thats called individually.

    Post was edited 2 times, last by “ANALyse” ().

    Sorry for doubleanswer :

    @Fabian
    You say in one sentence, that the normal Kickoff requires more skill than Kalamir.
    So why you dont use the skill to fight against Kalamir ? bcz you cant.
    Kalamir is world more effective and requires like 1000x more skill than press double shift.

    Example:

    You have a Boxfight and the Enemy is faster than u.
    What would u do ? train to be faster or try to forbidd the speed of the enemy?

    Example:

    You participate in a motor race
    The Enemy got a nice way to come fast from 0-100 kmph
    What would u do ? train to learn a technique which bring u faster from 0-100 kmph or forbidd the car of the enemy?

    i could tell u like 100000 examples but my english isnt good enough for it.
    I just dont get why you and all the other people are to ignorant to learn Kalamir.
    Instead flaming about skills of the other ones , go train and make it better.
    I also have to do it every day.
    If a med is better than me in defending , i try to work on my saves ,i try to increase my clearance instead flaming and make Forumvotes about forbidd scoring goals against me.

    Williamx Shixsiper wrote:

    but why should we take in consider kappa's or modey's voted? Since they won't gain nothing from this as it'll be only forbidden in tournaments.

    Why my vote should not be considered ? :fuckingkidding: You made a poll, I voted, and I want it to stay.
    And don't even try to ask me a reason, cuz u won't get any. It's everyones right to vote in a public poll, so all votes count, if not, close the poll and ignore it. :sweetjesus:
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

    [img]https://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/member.png[/img]

    Post was edited 1 time, last by “Kappa” ().

    @Everybody as it seems no moderating seems to be going on in here and the camp seems to be divided in the
    A - I can do it, let’s keep it! :allthethings:
    B - I can’t do it, GTFO! :rageface:

    Try to be a bit more objective and see how this method of kickoff affects the gameplay. For me personally it doesn’t lift the gameplay to a higher level. All I see is it breaking gameplay within the match itself aswell as in chat ingame and now on the forum as well. This ofcourse has been inevitable. I’d consider the “Kalamir” kickoff as a novelty to be executed in casual matches or to be specifically allowed in tournaments. I would neither allow it, nor forbid it. Just add it to the standard “rules” that are usually there for each tournament.

    Outside tournaments it can’t be controlled obviously but I would recommend that before the arena-creator starts a match he/she specifies if this kickoff is allowed or not. It does change the gameplay quiet a bit over traditional carball. So don’t forbid it, don’t simply allow it but try to make it co-exist within the current carball environment. As the vote isn’t really flexible I’m still voting for “no” as the current way this kickoff is “implemented” is causing to much friction within matches and that causes unneeded drama and loss of fun for players.
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/primary_ranks/moderator.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/financier.png[/img]

    Post was edited 1 time, last by “Pipo” ().

    In my opinion its a skill yes, pressing 4 shifts and balancing your car its completely a skill.
    But its kinda unfair for the player who kickoff from the ground as the ball jumps a little bit on the kickoff which will make it at the moment when the wall-kickoffer hits the ball unreachable for the player who kickoff from the ground.
    So the kickoff height should be lowered otherwise the wall-kickoff should be forbidden.

    Barbawix wrote:

    It is like that basically. Sometimes people ask if we can play without Kalamir and we play without, same for tournies, the creator can set the rules and disallow Kalamir. So simply forbid it in carball would be wrong imo.

    That's not entirely true. Today we played versus your X team (Barba, Rad and Foltn) and I asked after 1 match with a massive Kalamir sync to play without kalamir this match. The reply from your team was 'We do whatever we want'.

    Then Party who was in my team(can confirm the whole story) wanted to kalamir and got rammed by Foltn. After that he was rammed once again at kickoff. Now when I asked you barb in game why this ramming is allowed, you answer 'Because Party was driving on the wrong side, so it is allowed'. I still don't know what driving on the wrong side means.

    Then after that I told you in game, that as a section leader and with this poll going on you should make clear rules about what is allowed and what is not. Because if you're too late to kalamir yourself, it is allowed to ram the opponent trying to kalamir? Sounds not fair in my opinion. Now we got a lot of confusing created by you and we still don't know what the exact rules are.

    Anyways, above is just a eye-opener for who doesn't know how the situation currently is in game, you can now all forget the above mentioned stuff and continue reading my key message, please listen and let's make carball great again.

    So it is time for the section leaders to pick up this discussion as it is dissapointing that so far nothing has been done to solve the situation(Except the post from Pipo, which in my opinion is the best thing to do). So time to stick all the heads together as section leaders of carball and make a clear guide about the use of kalamir where everyone is happy with, because these 'non-written rules' don't work as I just described above.

    Many thanks for everyone joining the discussion and to bring your input in the situation, right now the server is really devided so time for quick action from the section leaders so we can all get on with our lives.

    The key to this is not to ban or allow kalamir, the key is to make a guide where both sides can be happy with.