Kalamir poll

Kalamir poll

Kalamir to be forbidden in official tournaments & leagues 35

Result is only visible for participants

Hello everyone once again!

Hope you've had wonderful days and enjoy the winter.

With this subject title probably some players that don't play in carball have no clue what I'm talking about, it's a name for a sort of bug that's been used in carball for some time now. When I asked people how to put this in words, Frenk responded 'Retard kickoff for noobs'. Well, I'll try better!

You got a sort of 'drag-back' surrounding the billboards in the neon carball arena. This is the main feature of the 'kalamir'. You speed up at the middle line, follow it and jump into the drag-back just before the whistle goes, you press two times shift and you'll jump, as soon as the whistle goes you hit the ball full speed flying through the arena. The ball is most of the times hit because it stays still in mid-air for about 2 seconds. When it get's hit the ball jumps extremely high and it will take around 15 to 20 seconds before the ball actually hits the ground again hit plenty walls and making you quite dizzy because you need to time where the ball will fall and sadly the camera in GTA doesn't really allow this.

So what you get is a ball, on extremely high speed bouncing through the arena at height to randomly drop somewhere in the arena and mostly results in a goal for the team that did the 'kalamir'.

With a lot of rage and whining in the end because not everyone can do this, especially people with a low ping its nearly impossible to hit this ball, and so it causes a bad mood and a lot of insults. I've talked with Jason about making this 'kalamir' forbidden in his tournament but he's against it.

Players told me to bring this to the forum in some sort of poll, this poll will decide if Kalamir will be forbidden or not during any official tournaments and leagues made in de Neon Carball server.

The poll will end the 6th of February so you got exactly 7 days to vote. Please note that multiaccounts used to vote will be resulting in a ban from the forums.

Down here there's room for arguments why you are in favor or against it, remember to keep it nice and respectful.

Best whishes,

Fabian
    While I do agree that the 'kalamir' is an absolute ruining fact of a match, I have but to disagree with the whole objective this vote seems to be aspiring for.

I do not know for a fact if high pingers have it easier than low pingers to do it. Basically because it is all about timing. We have seen people like FolTn, the original creator of this complete bullcrap of a kickoff, pull it off, having 140 ping, and Jason or Race pulling it off having 20-60 ping.

That said, what I can share is my opinion on this whole topic. I do NOT agree on this vote deciding what will happen with the kalamir on future tournaments and official matches. I believe that is up for the organizer to decide, and teams will apply or not whether they are okay with the rule allowing or disallowing it. I DO agree on Kalamir being a retarded way of doing the kickoff, but then again, it's a relatively new way of doing it. Not everyone seems able to master it, so in the end, it is a skill as well.

I vote in favour because fuck it anyway. It is retarded. :bitchplease:
    [img=http://i.imgur.com/PAJvX0w.png][/img]
    Thanks to @Rio for the signature.
    I do not fully agree with you Kath. We are a democratic server and if the players vote in favor or against it, it should be taken over by the section leader of carball to make it an official rule. Because otherwise we can just remove polls and make this server sovjet Russia with dictators.

Anyways, IF the section leader does not take this poll in the official way it is ment for, I expect the organiser of the tournament to listen to the vote of the players and go with the results.

And if that doesn't happen we'll start a riot and protest and boycot everything!!(Please do not make me do this )
    I understand your points.

It is probably not the balls on target that annoy the defender the most, but the ones that bounce back from behind the goal, making it real tough to clear, oftentimes ending in an unjustified goal. It can be defended, but it is positionally disadvantageous.

On the other hand, it is based on good timing and control over your vehicle; a skill to learn. Just because someone is able to use it efficiently shouldn't be considered a retard, that one line makes no sense at all. If anyone asked me not to do it, I'd listen. You can either learn it or focus harder, I see no sound reasoning why it shouldn't be used, as it is, in the end, a skill that is especially profitable in ranked matches.
    Dude are u Kidding me?
    Tell me like 1 reason why Kalamir should be forbidden!

Is it a Bug ? no
    Is it abusing of something ? no
    Is it a hack or something like that ? no.

Kalamir is a Skill in Carball and EVERYBODY is allowed to do it and to learn it.
    If ure to ignorant to learn it ,its your fault but please dont ruin the fun for these ones which can Kalamir.
    In MY Tournament is Kalamir allowed and it will be staying even if the voting is against Kalamir.
    To discuss about that one is so senseless, its like Forbidd to score goals from crazy positions because not everybody can do it.
    Kalamir is a skill if u like it or not.
    And its so ignorant that u come back for 2 weeks and try to ruin the whole game with a stupid Rule.

Ive got another Idea :

Lets forbidd passing, shooting and saving , because other people cant do it so good like a Party or a Frenk.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “ANALyse” ().

Come on, the kalamir is a double edged sword. On the one hand, if someone fails it it takes him atleast five seconds to get back on position which is very risky and can cost you games sometimes. On the other hand, you can a pretty nice advantage for your if you nail it perfectly which takes alot of practice especially on the timing. The kalamir is a high risk high rewarding strategy and I've seen players trying to learn it and having fun overall with this thing on the game. Jesus! Why would you forbid something that is a feature in the game and every one can learn it. Take bhopping in Counter Strike: Global Offensive as an example, it gives you sort of speed boost and makes you turn around more quickly than you're supposed to be, but it is not restricted in tournaments! Because it's a feature that exists in the game and every one can learn it.
    a twitch thot
    @aNAL

Like I said, the vote is not coming from me but from a group of players that asked me to. See how devided the votes are.

Like I said, keep it nice and respectful.

Third, why are you making this a personal attack on me? Don't shoot the messenger.

You're all free to give your opinions and statements, but let's keep it nice and decent. Take an example how Party reacted, totally understandable.

Fabian wrote:

@aNAL

Like I said, the vote is not coming from me but from a group of players that asked me to. See how devided the votes are.

Like I said, keep it nice and respectful.

Third, why are you making this a personal attack on me? Don't shoot the messenger.

You're all free to give your opinions and statements, but let's keep it nice and decent. Take an example how Party reacted, totally understandable.

Ive never attacked you wtf.
    I just say the fact in my opinion that ure ignorant because u and all these people which voted against kalamir are also ignorant.

Because i only see people against Kalamir which not able to use kalamir.
    Everybody can learn it so its your decision if u learn it or not but to discuss if kalamir should be forbidden or allowed is just timewaste stuff.
    Kalamir is a skill as long as you are not on the edge of the pitch and you got no time to do it. When this happens it is just a matter of luck. So lets say both teams got a kalamir guru and they do it perfrctly. What will this result in? An uncontrollable sync, much worse than if it was from a normal kick off because it will bounce all the way between both walls and end up noone knows where. But OK, this is a possibility that isnt highly possible.The real deal comes when you actually realise that the rate of goals scored in the first 10 seconds after a kalamir are literally more than 10 times higher than the goals scored by normal kick off. Some will say now "then learn how to defend it". Yeah, you go learn it. Because when a ball is put near the goal with that height and that movement, most times it is impossible to manage to clear it without giving a goal oppurtunity to the opposition. And in the end, 50% of the goals of the team with the kalamir pro are due to the damn kick off. It gives too big advantages because once someone succeeds in doing it , it would be 50% sure it will be a goal , while if someone manages to do an accurate long shot for example, the chances of scoring are much less. So basically the current situation is-> learn kalamir-> have no other skills-> win your match. It looks frustrating for the ones who actually want to play beautiful carball.Thanks
    With everything being said, nothing is there to add except the confirmation from one of those who master kalamirs.. As vipah said, kalamir is two edged sword, it may harm as much as it may bless u.. trying to kalamir may take days to practise and master, although it's highly possible to still miss the ball.. which will be a disadvantage for ur teammates and yea.. a goal to be scored in ur own sheet ( my case as a kalamiring goalkeeper )
    To crown, i do see this kickoff style as a new technique to do the kickoff, as there used to be some evolutions in carball's playstyle such as teamplaying which wasnt that common 1-2 years ago.. or the 'troll' technique being created by name back in the days and that is today one of our most used troll.. so yea these new things get learned by time so why not give the kalamir the apportunity to flourish and take carball up to a next level?
    Soccer? Don't you mean Football? :trollface:
    Although I do not master this kind of kickoff, I still vote against forbidding. Why? Simply because it is not a bug in any ways, it is more like a feature, made by creativity.

Fabian wrote:

especially people with a low ping its nearly impossible to hit this ball

Completely wrong, it is not related to ping in any ways. Every player has got the ability of doing it without any difference.

Fabian wrote:

and mostly results in a goal

It is way more likely that it wouldn't result in a goal, the chances of scoring are low.

This kickoff requires skills to deliver, nothing against the game rules. All of the other advantages/disadvantages has been noted above, this is all I wanted to attach.

Ivo wrote:

Kalamir is a skill as long as you are not on the edge of the pitch and you got no time to do it. When this happens it is just a matter of luck. So lets say both teams got a kalamir guru and they do it perfrctly. What will this result in? An uncontrollable sync, much worse than if it was from a normal kick off because it will bounce all the way between both walls and end up noone knows where. But OK, this is a possibility that isnt highly possible.The real deal comes when you actually realise that the rate of goals scored in the first 10 seconds after a kalamir are literally more than 10 times higher than the goals scored by normal kick off. Some will say now "then learn how to defend it". Yeah, you go learn it. Because when a ball is put near the goal with that height and that movement, most times it is impossible to manage to clear it without giving a goal oppurtunity to the opposition. And in the end, 50% of the goals of the team with the kalamir pro are due to the damn kick off. It gives too big advantages because once someone succeeds in doing it , it would be 50% sure it will be a goal , while if someone manages to do an accurate long shot for example, the chances of scoring are much less. So basically the current situation is-> learn kalamir-> have no other skills-> win your match. It looks frustrating for the ones who actually want to play beautiful carball.Thanks

Ive never seen that 2 people got the perfect kalamir on 1 side.
    i see more synched normal kickoffs than synched kalamirs, because when you go to kalamir you hit the another player in the air and one of them will go down or miss it.
    Neon is democratic and all that... but the reason why we do not have such public votes is because they are not democratic - currently I see three votes from people who made their accounts today or yesterday. Probably fake accounts... If you want to make it right, only count votes from accounts which are over 2 months old (or are verified users...).

Otherwise, I am against forbidding it. I tried it a couple of times, but could never come close. It takes a lot of skill, and I think it is dumb to take such an element from the game only because many players don't have these skills.
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/fun/spast.png[/img]
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]
    "People already got banned for less." - Bass

Post was edited 4 times, last by “F-21” ().

In that case Plane, why do people vote who I've hardly seen at Carball last month. Like yourself, Bass, Kappa, Pipo(no offense). The votes created by Bambi, Silver and Modey are regular players and they created an account to have a say in this vote, in my opinion 100% more valid than your own votes.

You actually destroyed your own argument.
    To be fair: I just voted to see, who voted for what. If I wouldn't have voted, I couldn't see the participants, to check if F-22's statement was true. That's because you created the poll like that, Fabian.

You don't have to count my vote, if this still matters.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - Albus Dumbledore
    Passwords are like toilet paper. Don't reuse, don't share ones you've used, and no one should be asking to see what you've used. - Unknown

Fabian wrote:

In that case Plane, why do people vote who I've hardly seen at Carball last month. Like yourself, Bass, Kappa, Pipo(no offense). The votes created by Bambi, Silver and Modey are regular players and they created an account to have a say in this vote, in my opinion 100% more valid than your own votes.

You actually destroyed your own argument.

No need to get aggressive, and I did not try to destroy anyone 0o

The accounts seemed fake to me since they were obviously made only to participatein this vote. I could make 5 accounts and influence the vote result.

Now if you rank votes by who plays more, then this again is no democracy, just changing the result to what you prefer more.

Sincerely you can do whatever you please, I will not play in the tournament anyway, but if you make a public question/pool, I did not imagine I am doing something wrong by voting in it. I actually thought I am helping by giving my opinion, but I can't help you if you do not like my opinion.. Make a private vote otherwise.
    [img]http://neon.neon-gaming.de/img/mechbars/secondary_ranks/community_member.png[/img]

Post was edited 7 times, last by “F-21” ().

F-21 wrote:

Neon is democratic and all that... but the reason why we do not have such public votes is because they are not democratic - currently I see three votes from people who made their accounts today or yesterday. Probably fake accounts... If you want to make it right, only count votes from accounts which are over 2 months old (or are verified users...).

Otherwise, I am against forbidding it. I tried it a couple of times, but could never come close. It takes a lot of skill, and I think it is dumb to take such an element from the game only because many players don't have these skills.

Silver, Modey and Bambi are active players and theyre online every day.
    they just had no forum account before this voting was started but they also want to keep the kalamir alive.
    in my opinion its more useless that inactive people like you mito and pipo vote here because i didnt saw you for like years.

ANALyse wrote:

its more useless

Again, if you have trouble reading, this is not about whose vote is more important. I thought those were fake accounts made by a single person.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “F-21” ().