Neon Carball Hostserverrequest

Neon Carball Hostserverrequest

Hello everyone, maybe some of you guys noticed already that Neon's playerbase is getting smaller and smaller.
      I think one thing what causes this is the Pingdifference between many players, thats the reason why we have 2 splitted communities.
      The Server is basically just made for europeans at the moment and i would love to see a change in case that the Owners extend the current contract.
      I've been looking for the perfect location to make it fair to everyone and the best location would be London.
      We have a lot of Latinplayers but we cannot play with them together because the pingdifference is too high (around 200) it causes big lags and unplayable gameplay.
      With the new Londonhost i assume it would be way better and handable to merge these splitted communities between Latins and Europeans/Arabs.
      At the moment we have a Latin only discord with more than 50 players and a Neon general discord without latins also around 50 players.

I will create a list below from the current distance and the potential new distance with the most represented countries.
      Green stands for good ping 20-60, orange for okey ping around 61-120, red stands for bad ping around 151+

Current Host(germany)
      Germany - x
      Egypt - 1.990 miles
      Hungary - 616,8 miles
      Netherlands - 291,7 miles
      Spain - 1.282,3 miles
      Poland - 469,8 mi
      South America - 5.684 miles

Potential New Host (London)

Germany - 456.79 miles
      Egypt - 2.344 miles
      Hungary - 1.100,8 miles
      Netherlands - 316,8 miles
      Spain - 1.063,8 miles
      Poland - 929,1 miles
      South America - 4,488.06 miles

these 1000 miles could have a big impact for the latincommunity of neon what is 50% of the playerbase atm, europeans and arabic people wouldnt have pingissues at least not more than now

ive just checked that zaphosting has londonlocated hosts
      In general it looks like a bad change cus like every represented country would get a higher ping but germany, netherlands,poland and spain would probably have a 30-40ping
      hungary maybe around 50-60.
      in general it would be a huge chance for south america cus their ping would drop from around 300 to 200 maybe.
      ive seen a few latins who have a 170 ping but very unconstant, this change could make their ping more stable and lower.

In anyway i would love to see a statement from someone if Neon will stay a little bit more or is there a shutdown in the next months

im playing nowadays on a vpn just to keep up with these latins pingwise
      ive experienced a better gameplay when 2 guys have a 200 ping instead one has 150 and the other 50.

Post was edited 9 times, last by “jasontbdh” ().

As a representative from the latin community I gotta say we are all looking forward for this kind of changes on the server since it would be a great way to improve gameplay experience and also the playerbase will increase, since the #1 factor why people leave is because of how laggy it is for some latin players, not just in the case of america but also some arabs and asians(excluding our boy Andrew) ragequits the sv because of how they got wrecked by someone who knows how to handle the ping on the sv.

Anyways,
      as you guys may know Goku and I have been doing a pretty tough work in order to increase playerbase atleast from our side(latinamerica) and we see this as an opportunity to lower the breach between being laggy and actually having skill.

Thanks for reading guys hope yall have a nice day.
      Future Super Saiyan.
      As Panasonic said playerbase is a big issue nowadays in the server, weve tried among eachother to help the community grow by creating a discord in which we have coordinated several tournaments activities and an ongoing league.

And going back to playerbase, ping is a big issue since it defines wether a player would perform well or not since I myself ive sawn a lot of cases that players end up winning because lag gives them an unfair advantage and having a more stable ping on the server would mean that the game would be way more balanced.
      Hope you understand it to help those with high ping lag issues that occur. I hope to see you help us so that we can have a better ping on the server and thanks to that we can also see that the neon continues to grow. Thank you very much Jason and everyone who supports us, I wish you luck.
      :evil:
      After my first read of this thread, I can say that I am completely against this change. It's near useless, requires quite a lot of work from our administrators, which I don't think they're up to at the moment.
      I really don't think the real reason europeans and latin americans don't play much together is the ping, more likely the time difference.

Come on now, London? You want to move the server from Germany to the UK, to make it better for South Americans? :bitchplease: If a change of this nature is ever going to take place on Neon to benefit latin players, you better be sure the server is not going to be in Europe any further. Because, well, it's still Europe. If we are going to remain in Europe, let's place the server in Lisbon or something, but not London. That's pretty high up north as well, for South America anyway.

#>Goku<# wrote:

I myself ive sawn a lot of cases that players end up winning because lag gives them an unfair advantage and having a more stable ping on the server would mean that the game would be way more balanced.
      This is why we've implemented rules and recruited referees in our community, to counter unfair goals, such as goals scored through synchronization lags, bugs, and perhaps sometimes ping difference too. You can easily tell when the ball acts as it shoudln't, and from an unbiased referee's point of view, it's not that hard to decide against a goal. There are always going to be players who babyrage over a goal which they think should be fair but has been ruled off, but that also happens in nearly every real-life football game as well, and remember, there is no such thing as ping there.

I might not have said all there is, so I'm looking forward to anyone disagreeing with me, or on the contrary, agreeing with me and developing my point further.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Dani” ().

Alternatively, make a new Neon-Lantino server based in Brazil or Argentina, and also keep the Neon-EU server online. In time, who knows, perhaps also a Neon-China and Neon-US would be needed, and let's not forget the Aussies from down under. :pokerface:

"People already got banned for less." - Bass

Post was edited 1 time, last by “F-22” ().

[quote='Dani',
      [quote='#>Goku<#','https://forum.neon-gaming.de/index.php/Thread/10938-Neon-Carball-Hostserverrequest/?postID=61988#post61988']I myself ive sawn a lot of cases that players end up winning because lag gives them an unfair advantage and having a more stable ping on the server would mean that the game would be way more balanced.[/quote]This is why we've implemented rules and recruited referees in our community, to counter unfair goals, such as goals scored through synchronization lags, bugs, and perhaps sometimes ping difference too. You can easily tell when the ball acts as it shoudln't, and from an unbiased referee's point of view, it's not that hard to decide against a goal. There are always going to be players who babyrage over a goal which they think should be fair but has been ruled off, but that also happens in nearly every real-life football game as well, and remember, there is no such thing as ping there.

[/quote]

if u give frees in a latin game you would have to spent all 15 minutes to give free goals since every goal is nearly a sync

"Alternatively, make a new Neon-Lantino server based in Brazil or Argentina, and also keep the Neon-EU server online. In time, who knows, perhaps also a Neon-China and Neon-US would be needed, and let's not forget the Aussies from down under. "

even if this is a joke, i would like the idea tho.
      latins are more active than the europeans so a second server just for them would be great but i think this is not gonna happen because i do not think that anybody will donate for this.
      Short answer: Won't happen.

Carball has just been left running for you. We'd actually be okay with the playerbase dying, because then we could shut it down without anybody being sad about it. We do not profit from a large playerbase, thus we are not interested in optimizing the server location for the playerbase.

Many of the people, who actually pay for the server use it on a regular basis, mostly for VoIP communication, but also for file hosting and other game servers. And all of them live in Germany.

Basically, we're living in a house we're paying for and you use our garden shed to meet and have a good time and we let you do that and now you ask us to move to another house in another city so your new friends have a shorter way to our garden shed. :wat: :seriously:
      The nuts are refined! They take the coal!