The future of Neon's MTA Servers

The bad news first:
      There is nobody to develop or install an update.

Now the even worse news: :trollface:
      Neon's funds will pass zero soon. That is they will go from positive to negative. Chances are I will keep the server and pay it myself, but it will be a matter of time until I either cancel it or wipe it to have a more up to date and clean server. I don't know whether in that case I'd try to re-setup Carball or United nor whether it would succeed. I would certainly not spend much time trying.
      The nuts are refined! They take the coal!
      It is fun how poor Szymon's post about a stadium turned into a discussion on funding the server for another year. :bitchplease:

Anyways, the server costs 25€ per month. That would mean 300€ per year. The fundraiser you mean is usually Donation December, although this year it was not very successful (wait, we haven't had a Donation December thread since 2018 it seems. :bitchplease: Donation December 2018 ).

That is very much it.

Thanks to @Rio for the signature.

Kath wrote:

It is fun how poor Szymon's post about a stadium turned into a discussion on funding the server for another year. :bitchplease:

Anyways, the server costs 25€ per month. That would mean 300€ per year. The fundraiser you mean is usually Donation December, although this year it was not very successful (wait, we haven't had a Donation December thread since 2018 it seems. :bitchplease: Donation December 2018 ).

That is very much it.

No offense but 300€ per year?
      i found MTA hosts for like 100€ with the same conditions.
      im glad and sad at the same time cus i want to thank everyone for donations who kept the server alive for such a long time.
      on the other hand im sad that the server was never given into trustful hands with someone who cares about developing

switching to some hungary hostserver(what would even improve ping for most countries) with 50 slots instead of 1000 would reduce the cost drastically and since we never have more than 50 ppl online it doesnt matter.

im pretty sure many more players would donate if the prices are somewhat affortable

Post was edited 4 times, last by “Jasonek” ().

Thing is... the server Neon is hosting is NOT only hosting the MTA server in it... As far as I know, there are several services being hosted, MTA server one of them. I bet Firzen has already discussed this with himself in his head.

Thanks to @Rio for the signature.

The future of Neon's MTA Servers

This thread has been happening at a place not suited for the topic so I moved everything here. :likeasir:

On topic: Yeah, it's definitely worth mentioning that you wouldn't donate for the MTA server alone. Apart from that I will definitely not rent an MTA server for you. The only reason the MTA servers have been running for the last few years is that the Financiers funded the server and the Associates (silently) agreed on leaving the MTA servers running, because they don't eat up much resources and some people still benefit from them.
      The nuts are refined! They take the coal!

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Firzen” ().